The Yarico Education Programme
The Yarico Education Programme positions itself between the facts of history and fictional characters, woven together through musical theatre storytelling, which honours the past and provides practical exploration and cross-curricular resources to support students and teachers from KS1-5.
The performance is half an hour with an option for an extended Question and Answer session with the actors. Workshops can be offered alongside the performance for all key stages and can be related to the English, Drama, Citizenship, History, PSHE and Religious Education Curriculum. Workshops can be delivered independently of the Performance and include a masked telling of the Yarico story by the workshop leader, which participants can then respond to by interacting with the character of Yarico.
Learning Outcomes for Yarico Education Project are to:
- Provide an experience of a live theatre performance.
- Increase awareness of SMSC and British Values relating to Citizenship, PSHE and Religious Studies
- Raise awareness of issues surrounding modern enslavement and women’s emancipation.
- Cover performance and verbal skills related to the spoken language aspect of the English National Curriculum for key stages 1 – 4.
- Build on transferable skills related to taking part in a drama workshops such as, communication, speaking and listening, working in a team and building confidence.
- Offer an introduction to drama and storytelling or a more in depth exploration of specific drama and devising skills including mask work on a basic, intermediate or advanced level. This can easily be related to the Drama and Theatre Studies curriculum in KS4 or KS5.
A resource pack following the show/ workshops is also available to support the teachers to continue the learning applied in your sessions with Trestle.
Workshops: £250* per 2 hour workshop / £500* for a day’s workshop (or 2 x 2 hour workshops)
Show and Workshop Package: If booked with workshops the show is £300* and the workshops are £100* per hour (2 hours recommended workshop length)
*These fees are exclusive of travel (exact costs will be confirmed at the time of booking)
To register your interest in booking please email email@example.com